Several days ago I was surfing recipe sites and pinterest-ing (is that a word?) them . I marked this one down but wasn’t sure I’d try it.
Fast forward to today. I happened to have some mint that I thinned out of the garden and wasn’t sure what to do with it. This recipe was the first thing that came to mind. I’m so glad it did. The salad is yummy but the cucumber cups absolutely make the meal in my opinion.
This is definitely a fun summer salad, great for lunch on a warm day when you don’t want to heat up the house. It’s really versatile too. I think you could really change-up the ingredients to match what you have.
Veggie Salad in a Cucumber Cup
- 2 cucumbers (the wider cukes make a better “cup”)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 1/4 red inion
- handful of mint leaves
- 1 TBS of lemon juice
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Cut 3 inches or so off the ends off of the cucumbers.
- Hollow out the sift seedy middles to make a “cup.”
- Slice a small amount of each pointed end so the “cup” will sit flat.
- Dice the rest of the veggies and mix in a separate bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into cucumber cups and serve.