The seeds are in the dirt! I took some time a week ago and cleaned out the seed starting trays and mixed together my mix (coco coir and worm castings). I used Apple Numbers to layout my trays and decide what to plant where.
I planted the seeds, based on what I had leftover from years past, knowing that the germination rate may turn out less than optimal. The seeds are under a light in the basement near the woodstove. The stove was running the first two days the seeds were in, keeping them nice and warm.
And lo and behold, we have sprouts!
Now with the slightly warmer weather I am moving the seeds to a sunny South facing window on the porch when it warms up.
Leave a Reply